ONN Soundbar has everything that adds up to an enjoyable audio listening experience. ONN Soundbar when paired together with a TV set enhances the audio output.
However, some users recently came up with a query stating, ‘How to pair the ONN Soundbar to a TV?’
Connecting/ Pairing the ONN Soundbar with a TV is a pretty straightforward process but new users can find it slightly tricky. To help with that, we have shortlisted all the possible methods that can make the process simple and hassle-free. This article consists of different pairing methods and step-by-step instructions on ‘How to connect the ONN Soundbar to the TV?’. The process is simpler than you may think. Have a look:
So, let’s get started.
Methods for connecting the ONN Soundbar to the TV
The below options will make your life easier even if you are not a tech expert. Follow them step by step and connect the ONN soundbar to the TV.
Method 1: Connect Using an Optical Cable
The first method for connecting the ONN Soundbar to a TV is by using an Optical Cable, aka Digital Cable. An Optical Cable comes with the Soundbar though connecting it can be a tricky task for some users.
NOTE: If your Soundbar does not have an Optical Cable, you can purchase one separately. However, pick a 3.5mm optical cable only.
Follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, locate the optical port in both devices (ONN soundbar and TV). Here, the port must be labeled with an optical port or a digital optical port.
- Next, connect the TV’s Optical OUT port with the Optical port in the Soundbar using the optical cable.
- Now navigate to the Settings option in your Television and click on the audio settings.
- Further, change the audio output to Optical Cable or Wired. It may be originally labeled as a Digital optical cable.
- Once done, your TV and ONN soundbar is ready to add to your entertainment quotient.
Method 2: Connect using an Aux Cable
If not with Optical Cable, another easy and similar method is to connect an ONN soundbar to a TV using an AUX cable.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Get a 3.5mm stereo Aux audio cable and locate the Aux port on both ONN Soundbar and TV.
- Now, take the Aux cable and connect one end to the Soundbar and another end to the TV.
- Next, navigate to the audio settings of your TV and change the settings to Aux cable.
Method 3: Connect via Bluetooth
The Bluetooth features allow connecting ONN Soundbar to the TV wirelessly. Bluetooth offers the easiest and quickest method without involving the hassle of any wires along.
Here’s how you can connect ONN Soundbar to the TV via Bluetooth. Follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, using the ONN Soundbar remote control, Turn on Bluetooth. The Soundbar will blink a blue light continuously when it is ready to make the connection. Follow the similar for your TV as well using the Television remote/ in-built setting.
NOTE: Make sure both ONN Soundbar and TV are kept at a distance of less than 1 meter. Doing so is important to make the signals travel swiftly. Also, ensure there is no physical barrier between both devices.
- Now navigate to the Bluetooth settings in your TV set and here, locate and select ONN Soundbar.
- Next, select the options Connect, and as the Blue light stops blinking, it indicates that the connection is successful.
- Lastly, just change the audio settings to Bluetooth, and both your TV and Soundbar are good to go.
Method 4: Connect using HDMI (HDMI IN or HDMI ARC Connection)
Last but the most popular way of connecting the ONN Soundbar to the TV is by using HDMI. Not only popular, but it is also one of the most convenient ways. HDMI cable often comes with a soundbar, TV, or other similar devices. If not, these cables are easily available at any electrical/ electronic store.
- Follow the step given below:
- Firstly, locate the HDMI port in both ONN Soundbar and TV.
- Now take the HDMI cable and connect one end to ONN Soundbar and another to the HDMI port. Make sure the connection is strong.
- Next, navigate to the audio settings of the Television and change it to HDMI or Wired.
PLEASE NOTE: While following any of the above methods, you may find different Audio and Bluetooth setting labeling depending upon the TV you are using. Instead of getting confused between different devices, consider referring to the manual guide that comes with the TV.
Tips and Tricks for connecting ONN Soundbar to TV
- If your ONN Soundbar isn’t producing any sound even after connecting cables (HDMI, Aux, or Optical), it indicates a bad connection. Here all you need to do is check how secure the connection is and whether the cables are in the correct port or not.
- For Poor sound quality, check your connecting cables (HDMI, Aux, or Optical). In many instances, when the cable is corrupt, it can interrupt the audio output.
- Your ONN Soundbar may suddenly power off when not in use. The Shut down took place probably to save power. In such cases, go to the device setting and adjust the power-saving mode.
- If the connection between ONN Soundbar and TV is giving you a problem, ensure that the ARC feature of your audio device is set to ON or AUTO. In addition, change the TV audio output setting to PCM and Sound to Output. And simultaneously, ensure the audio device is set to the TV input.
That was all for connecting an ONN Soundbar to a TV. All the methods mentioned above are quick and easy, and even a novice can make it through them.