Bose Solo 5 Soundbar – A Perfect Mini Soundbar For TV
If you are looking for a compact soundbar for television, the Bose Solo 5 soundbar for TV is just what you need. It is only 55cm wide and 7cm tall. It is slim and cuboid-shaped, and fits snugly under the TV. For a superior TV watching experience, the Bose Solo 5 is just the right choice for a soundbar.
Why Bose Solo 5 soundbar is ideal for a small living room ?
Sound Quality :
The Bose Solo 5 is better suited for smaller TVs than larger ones. It can significantly improve the audio quality of small flat-screen TVs. The soundbar features Dialogue Mode which enhances clarity and crispness of dialogues and vocals. You don’t have to adjust the volume in every scene. Dialogue Mode prevents volume levels from fluctuating. The quality of bass is impressive. The remote control has an adjustable bass. Musical gigs, dramas and suspense thrillers are more enjoyable and life-like due to the deeper bass cover. Also, when fed with high definition audio, the soundbar delivers surprisingly distinct sound.
The mid-range is direct and focused and the treble is crisp and controlled. Although, the overall sound is not tinny, it does lack that extra punch. For instance, in explosive action-packed scenes, the Solo 5 may fail to generate the right amount of impact. Also, since the drivers are located in the centre of the soundbar, the sound field is a little narrow and limited.
Physical Design :
The Bose Solo 5 is a one-piece small soundbar. It can be placed on a flat surface and also mounted on a wall (brackets sold separately). It is a compact soundbar and hardly occupies any space. It is therefore ideal for homes with limited space. The soundbar is black in color. It has a minimalist design with stylish curved edges. A metallic mesh runs along the entire front and side of the soundbar. A logo of Bose is embossed in the middle of the front grille. The dimensions of the soundbar are: 2.6” x 21.6” x 3.4”. It weighs 3.7 lbs.
- The most important feature of the Bose Solo 5 soundbar for television is the Dialogue Mode. It optimizes sound quality of vocals so you don’t miss a single word of your favorite movies and shows.
- The soundbar has built-in wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. This means you can wirelessly stream movies, shows and games from devices like smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
- The Solo 5 has 6 preset buttons for controlling and commanding 6 devices through IR link. You can conveniently manage your soundbar, Blu-ray player, play station and other video sources connected to your TV.
- The Solo 5 has a universal remote that can control the soundbar, bass, your TV, Blu-ray player and other IR devices.
- The soundbar comes with easy installation. The package includes an optical cable for quick and hassle-free plug-and-play. Just connect the device to your TV with the help of the cable and fire away.
- For connectivity, the Bose Solo 5 soundbar has optical audio digital input, 3.5mm AUX analog input and coaxial audio input.
- The soundbar features automatic power off which turns off the device after 60 minutes of inactivity.
- It also has auto-wake which means the device springs back to activity the moment it detects an audio source.
- The Bose Solo 5 soundbar comes with a year’s warranty.
- Items accompanying the soundbar are a power cable, an optical digital audio cable and a remote.
Note: The soundbar lacks HDMI and NFC pairing capability, and does not feature different sound modes like most other soundbars. Plus, although it has Bluetooth, it also does not support aptX
A passive sound bar can substantially enhance the audio quality of your surround sound experience. Check our recommendation.